Saturday, February 21, 2009

GOOD NEWS and Just when we thought it was safe...

GOOD NEWS FIRST - Lize was accepted at Shriner's Chicago for the repair of her palette. We visited this hospital before she got home and knew that this was the best location for her treatment. She is scheduled for her surgery on May 28th (but we're on a "quick call list" if some other person was to cancel a surgery for some reason).

Well, we got fooled again. After a few days of high 30's and one day in the 50's, old man winter has reminded us that it's only late February and he's not leaving anytime soon. Last night we were the lucky winner of another 6 inches of snow.. Yeah, NOT. If this year is anything like last year, we'll be having snow around into late May.

Here's some recent pictures for your enjoyment (Lize on the coach at Shriner's Chicago, the girls at a local gymnastics gym and photos from a trip to one of area Children's Museums.

Friday, February 06, 2009

Updated photos......

Well, it's still very cold here and I thought it would be nice to post a few other pictures of the family and all the kids. We're all doing fine and anixously awaiting warmer weather to arrive (should be another 2 1/2 - 3 months). We've had Lize with us for 3 months now and in that time she has grown almost 3 inches and put on 4 pounds.