Saturday, December 05, 2009

What a year...........

This has been a VERY interesting year. Filled with many life lessons, challenges, heart aches but most of all blessings. From the stroke James had in Jan, week in the hospital, 4 months of intense therapy. Lize having pallate surgery and her Speech therapy. The challenges with James job and his company in bankruptcy. Moving to Florida and all that brought. One of things we learned is "things are just things". Pastor always says " it's ok to have things if things don't have you". We have mastered that one. We learned how important your health is. That home is not within 4 walls. It is where your entire family is literally together. The importance of friendship. A price can never be put on true friendship. Here are a few things I am thankful for in no particular order Thank You God for.........
-My husband and children
-Our many friends we are blessed to do life with
-My sister-in-law Barb who is amazing
-Trish who changed how I see motherhood and helped me get through one of the most diff times in my life. If there is a soul mate for friendship it was her
-The people who love the good, bad and ugly parts of who I am
-The people of Life Church Germantown
-James job
-The health of our entire family
-WI
-James full recovery from the stroke
-Friends, friends, friends
-Visitors to Florida
-Brady, the blessing who was worth the wait
-The house we were able to rent from my parents in FL
-The extended family who supported us during this diff time
-Those wonderful people who took care of James while we were in FL
Sooo many other things. These are just a few that remind me of what "true wealth is"

7 comments:

Karin said...

You've had quite a year. I didn't know about James' stroke. How scary that must have been. I'm so glad he is okay now.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful list of thankfullness. So glad James is ok!

Sarah said...

Are you back in WI now?! I read Trish's post, and it sounded like you moved back. You're right--it certainly has been quite a year for you. Praying for a little calm now!

Many blessings,
Sarah

Gwen said...

Dawn!
What a year you've had! Holy cow! You are a great example of looking at the bright side of things and counting your blessings.
I am so glad to hear that James is doing well.
May God pour His blessings upon you and your family this coming year (and always)!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Trish said...

You have so much to be so thankful for, you are truly blessed. I will miss you so very much, but I know you are just where you are suppose to be, home. Love you forever and ever, your BFF, Trish

Difference2This1 said...

What a tough year on your family. Very glad your husband is OK. Prayers for peace this holiday season and in the coming year. God bless, Jennifer in DE