Saturday, November 08, 2008

Day 10 - We finally arrive in Guangzhou

Today, was our travel day to Guangzhou, China. Lize had her first flight ever and traveled well. I must admit that it felt great to be back to somewhere familiar. After settling in at our hotel, it was off to a dinner at Lucy's. We met some more AAC families and other adoptive parents. Here's some pictures from today's travel. The first is a groups picture before departing for Guangzhou and the rest are from the day's travel:








Overall, it was a good day and with it's close we get one day closer to coming home. Let the countdown begin.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey guys Jimmy and I are so excited to be able to meet Lize. Everyday i've called mom n dad Sofi had to talk! lol we miss you guys! hope you're having a wonderful time. love you!

Nicole

Trish said...

So glad you had a safe trip to Guangzhou, can't wait to see all that you will do there! Have fun and Lize looks like she has adjusted beautifully! Trish

Paulinator said...

Your daughter is lovely. I can't wait to meet her. Your plaid shorts are another issue. We'll talk.

Peterson 6 said...

I love keeping up with your adventure...so glad Lize is coming home. Love to you all. Jill

Anonymous said...

i have been following your blog and it brings tears to my eyes. she is so beautiful and i love that she pointed to dawn and said mama.
love you all,
Julie

Anonymous said...

I love the pics of Dawn and Izabela. It brought tears to my eyes to finally see Dawn hold her baby! God is SOO good!

Can't wait to meet her when you get back!

Love you,

Mark & Marie

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn,
So fun to see the group from AAC. We are thinking of you. Went to the AAC Red Thread Run yesterday! IT was so much fun. Tell Morgan Hi from the Prichards...enjoy that sweatheart of yours!

Teri (AAC family)

Karin said...

Isn't it great to get to GZ and feel like it's familiar?! I love that part of the trip - although it's always fun to visit a new place in China, too. Lize is adorable and looks like she is doing so amazingly well!

Neal Jameson said...

Sorry i got off track on my posts, we had a family friend who lost their son at age 22 so i have been spending time with them. But life goes on as these pictures of you and family can attest to.
I can not wait to wrap my arms around her, she already has my heart...