Friday, November 07, 2008

Day 9 - A Park, A Temple, A Celebration

Today was a "group day" of activities. We started our day visiting Qian Ling Park, located within the city. It was unlike any city park I've ever been to. Even though it was very crowded, it was a very peaceful place. It spread over several acres and was surrounded by mountains. At the top of one the mountains sat a "huge" temple full of historical treasures. One of the main attractions (beyond the beauty itself) at the park were the native monkeys. I was told that over 700 of them live within the mountains of the park.

I provided several people laughter as I was walking down from the top of the mountain and had one of the monkeys within inches from my side. I didn't notice it right away and when I did, I jumped from being startled and thus the people around me found it humorous. Beyond that, there were several women exercising, people singing, families just being together enjoying the day. Here are some pictures from the park:












After the park we were off to downtown for a group lunch. Before the lunch we stopped at a temple near downtown. On the walkway to the temple, the backdrop of the "old" city contrasted by the "new". Here's a few pictures from that part of the day:












How about that beautiful little girl? Lize is truly amazing. She's like a little sponge and full of life. We sure do miss Zach, Will and Sofia and can't wait for them to meet Lize.

Our day ended by having a "birthday party" for the four girls. As all of them have celebrated their birthday's without us, it was decided to have a celebration for them. It was cake and fun for all (thank you David for the cake).




Tomorrow will be a travel day to Guangzhou.

5 comments:

Neal Jameson said...

Hey i finally got my password reset, I think????
Jeanne and i are praying for you guys and your family daily, Lizze is ADORABLE cant wit to squeeze here.
THIS JUST SEEMS RIGHT!!!
Travel safe see you when you get home.

Neal Jameson said...

Looks like the password worked.
Should have said cant "wait" and squeeze "her".
Any way i think you knew what i meant.
Love you guys

Anonymous said...

Lize looks sooo happy in all of the pics. It is as if she already knows what an awesome family she has! Can't wait to meet her!

Trish said...

Looks like a fun day, I can't wait to go there too! Can't wait to continue your journey with you, and Lize is just as cute as can be!Trish

Jeanne Jameson said...

Lize is beautiful! She looks like she has adjusted quite well. She will be a perfect piece in the Newsome puzzle.
I have to add that I laughed so hard picturing James jumping when he saw the monkey. Sounds just like him!!!