Sunday, February 28, 2010

Visit to Shriners in Chicago....

In the hotel room the 3 pre-schoolers found great ways to entertain themselves. Jackie and Luke came to hang out and help with Sofi.
They thought it was funny it was snowing outside and they were swimming.





We got to visit Ikea. It is such a cool place. They have everything and the kids had fun too...



Shriners has been a great experience. They have treated us so well. Lize's care has been amazing! When we got there, I thought it was going to be a quick visit. That was until I mentioned I didn't think Lize was hearing well. At that point they did a hearing test, took x-rays of her ears. When that came not so favorable...they had her see the ENT, Speech therapist and another Audiologist. They spent awhile going over the findings. They have decided to try pressure tubes one more time. If that doesn't work .... then she will be fitted for hearing aides. That is totally not what I expected to hear. I'm so thankfull they caught it.



3 comments:

Gwen said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend. We love IKEA, too!
I have consistently heard great things about Shriner's, and I'm so glad they took the time to check out Lize's ears right away! Praying that the tubes will help! (two of our boys had ear tubes).

Sarah said...

Praying for Lize's hearing!

Blessings,
Sarah

Karin said...

So glad you had such a good experience at Shriners. We are thinking of going to one near here for Zoey. I'll pray that the tubes will work to help Lize's hearing.